Topic: How to get experience as a Scrum Master without being a Scrum Master?
Speaker: Katrina L. Coker, The Scrum Mother
Event Date: Wednesday, September 8 at 6 p.m. ET
Experienced senior scrummaster Katrina L. Coker (aka The Scrum Mother) brought her tips to the DC Lean+Agile Meetup, answering “How do I get experience as a Scrum Master without being a Scrum Master?”
This is the number one question Katrina gets asked by people interested in the Scrum Master role. And her advice has nothing to do with what verbiage to use on your resume or in an interview.
In additional to the obvious formal Scrum training and reading, she recommends that aspiring Scrum Masters:
- Get confident with public speaking
- Use Kanban in your daily life
- Learn to work with stakeholders
- Practice retrospectives at every opportunity
- Show up first, leave last and take notes
View her presentation slides: How to get experience as a Scrum Master
See the following resources from LitheSpeed:
- For formal training, explore LitheSpeed’s Certified ScrumMaster and Advanced Certified ScrumMaster courses
- Which Advanced ScrumMaster Class is Right For Me?
- LitheSpeed’s Big List of Retrospective Tools
- Scrum + Agile Resources (Scrum basics, CSM exam prep, videos and more)