Tom Gilb is a consultant, keynote speaker and accomplished author. His work focuses on using engineering and scientific principles to deliver stakeholder value.
His evolutionary systems delivery method (“Evo”) is a predecessor to agile methodologies and encourages dividing large bodies of work into small pieces, constant inspection and process improvement, and quantifying requirements.
Over the course of his career, Tom has published nine books, along with hundreds of papers, including Software Metrics (1977), Principles of Software Engineering Management (1988), and Value Planning (2016).
Tom has generously offered to share some of his books with our audience (links below), along with a few videos. Please be aware that the books are all available for FREE until Mr. Gilb decides to put them up for sale.
- 12 Tough Questions for Better Management – https://tinyurl.com/12TOUGH
- QUANTer: The Art of Quantifying your value ideas – https://tinyurl.com/Quanteer
- PLanalysis – How to analyze plans, especially vague ones – https://tinyurl.com/PLanalysisFree
- Systems Enterprise Architecture (SEA) – https://lnkd.in/dNqyGdW
- Governeering: Government Systems Engineering Planning – http://tinyurl.com/Governeering
- Knowledge Edu-Neering – https://tinyurl.com/KENGilb
- Value Requirements – https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0g4bfcjc3hi8uv7/AADGW6S6rVuFpDBTA8f_BR5Ta?dl=0
- Value Design – https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldrofca89sfwzur/Value%20Design%20MASTER%20B2607%20V1408.pdf?dl=0
- Agile Tools: Practical Methods to Help You Deliver Stakeholder Values Rapidly and Predictably (September 2020 for Agile Days Lithuania)
- Workshop “Quantifying IT System Qualities: ‘Value Agile as it should be’” (September 16th 2020 for Agile Days Lithuania)
- Meetup Series based on Systems Enterprise Architecture (SEA)
- Lecture and Q&A Session: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb508f8y_d0PqRZKPCVVVxQ
- Value Agile – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA0_T8i83N0&list=PLKBhokJ0qd3_wlvr0j85YhmNfNj8ZJ8M-