This two-day Scrum Product Owner Training will prepare participants for mastering the most difficult role in Scrum, taught by seasoned experts. Based on broad real-world experience, LitheSpeed’s training also brings in elements of the Lean Startup® approach that has been adopted by many companies large and small across the world. This approach provides tested and practical techniques for data-based iterative product management within Scrum.
During two days of invigorating exercises, discussions and lecture, you'll learn and experience Scrum and Agile fundamentals from the Product Owner's perspective, along with critical skills such as:
- Articulating clear visions with measurable business objectives - Practice Lean Startup techniques such as the lean canvas
- Describing and prioritizing stakeholders - Practice techniques from agile user-experienced design such as personas, and customer development methods from the Lean Startup
- Expressing requirements as testable outcomes - Practice story writing and acceptance test driven methods to objectively express requirements and focus development efforts on achieving business results
- Prioritizing new product development, maintenance and non-software work - Learn to prioritize by product, customer and market risk, cost of delay and more
- Planning releases and sprints - Practice advanced techniques like story mapping and visual management systems for programs
- Tracking and reporting outcomes - Use quantitative techniques from lean and Lean Startup such as "pirate metrics"
- Scaling Scrum to program-level efforts - Experience proven approaches like LitheSpeed's portfolio alignment wall, and learn about the Scaled Agile Framework
- Blend Scrum with Kanban and other lean methods - Learn from early adopters, and see real-world case studies
- Generate strong working relationships with development teams - Practice techniques that focus product and technology on the same outcomes
Upon completion, participants earn their Scrum Product Owner Certification, which includes a two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance, offering valuable materials and information to Product Owners. Participants also get a free trial of Sensei, LitheSpeed’s own continuous improvement tool for running retrospectives.
All instructors for this course are deeply experience consultants with backgrounds in both lean and agile methods, who are willing and able to answer real-world questions posed by participants, as well as provide supporting case studies from a wide variety of recent project environments. The course is updated frequently to present the very latest thinking and tools from both the lean and agile worlds, so participants will leave with tested techniques ready to apply to their own situations, not just theory.
We also offer sessions with partners, including Xebia in Amsterdam and Softkey in South Florida.
The terms, conditions and pricing specified in this section are for training sessions offered by LitheSpeed in the United States. Pricing and discount rules vary for these partner events. When you choose a partner event you will be transferred to their site where more information is available.
Group Discount — For multiple attendees from one organization at the same class: 20% for 3-4 people, 25% for 5-6 people, 30% for 7-9 people, 35% for 10+ people
Hardship Discount (40%) — If you're between jobs and have been unemployed for at least 2 months.
Individual discount (20%) — If you're paying on your own, without employer assistance.
PMI or ALN membership discount (15%) — For members of these organizations.
Click here to request a discount code. Note: There is a limited number of hardship and individual discounts available for each course.