Have questions on the leadership role in an agile transformation?
Watch this playlist to hear Sanjiv’s Augustine’s answers to common questions about scaling agile from an executive perspective.
- How does a leader spark an agile transformation?
- Change has to start somewhere.
- Even in a constrained part of the organization, create a foundation for change.
- Transformation can take years, but it always starts with an individual leader
- What do executives need to know about scaling?
- Take a pragmatic approach and don’t get tied to any tool, framework, process or method
- Go back to the basics
- Understand the strengths of your organization and adopt practices that amplify those strengths
- Learn foundational Lean principles (manage work in process and flow)
- Assess which elements to use from which framework
- How should executives approach scaling agile?
- Figure out your role as a leader and understand how to enable the chosen scaling approach
- Learn LitheSpeed’s three steps of Agile transformation: Assess, Align, Accelerate
- Assess: Benchmarking – an unbiased and accurate assessment
- Align: Get the organization ready to undertake a transformation
- Accelerate: Clearly lay out a vision, train to build capabilities
- How do I get others on board?
- Prepare your team
- Make sure the vision is clear and your team understands and appreciates the goal
- What is unique about the ALA Scaling Agility workshop?
- Peer feedback in a trusting environment of executives and mentors
- Expert guidance to distinguish between the different scaling methods
- Exposure to foundational lean principles
Join Sanjiv and the Agile Leadership Academy team September 12-13 for the ALA Scaling Agility workshop. Register at agileleadershipacademy.com.